Welcome. The Grand Challenges web properties are provided by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (the “Foundation”) on behalf of itself and other partners listed here Grand Challenges Worldwide Partners ("Partners", collectively "we," "us," etc.) to provide information and application and review portals for Grand Challenges, Grand Challenges Explorations ("GCE") and a series of Grand Challenges initiatives offered with Partners worldwide.
The Grand Challenges web properties managed and hosted by the Foundation and its service providers include:
- The Grand Challenges hub site, located at https://grandchallenges.org, an informational site provided by the Foundation on behalf of itself and Grand Challenges Canada / Grands Défis Canada, a federal non-share not-for-profit corporation incorporated pursuant to the laws of Canada, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), a federal government agency of the United States.
- The Grand Challenges in Global Health site located at gcgh.grandchallenges.org.
- The Grand Challenges Award Repository site located at repository.grandchallenges.org
- Grand Challenges Explorations Portal Site located at gce.gatesfoundation.org and GCE Reviewers Portal Site located at gcereview.gatesfoundation.org.
- The 2015 Grand Challenges Portal Sites, which provide a method to apply for and review applications for challenges sponsored by the Foundation in association with other Partners.
Please note that access to the other Partners’ web sites linked to these Sites may be governed by, and require your agreement to, different terms and conditions.
You agree to the following terms and conditions:
You acknowledge and agree that any submissions made through the Portal Sites may be shared among one or more Partners.
Definitions. Terms used but not defined in the Access Terms have the definitions set forth in the Foundation’s Terms or the Foundation’s Privacy & Cookies Notice, except that "Site" (as defined in the Foundation Terms) shall include each of the Grand Challenges Sites hosted by the Foundation and its service providers, and the reference to “Third Parties” shall include Partners.
Supplemental Terms for GCE and Grand Challenges Portal Sites
For access to certain portions of the site, you will be required to have a user account, including a user name and password (“Credentials”). Members only areas of the site are for use only by persons who: (a) are applying for or have received a grant, or who have otherwise been authorized by the Foundation to use the Sites (e.g., Foundation and other Partners’ employees, grantees under other grant programs and persons affiliated with the grant process such as service providers and those who review grant applications (“Reviewers”); or (b) have received a log-in credential from a grantee who the Foundation deems a "principal investigator ("PI") and to whom the Foundation (or its provider) has delivered a limited number of access credentials so that the PI could provide them to persons collaborating with the PI to assist with the PI’s grant (persons described in (a) or (b) are hereafter called a "Member").
In accessing a portal area of the site, you represent and warrant that you are a Member and that you have received a Credential as described in these Access Terms. You agree that all uses of your Credential will be attributed to you and legally bind you, and may be relied upon by the Foundation and our agents as a use of the site being made by you.
Additional Terms for Grand Challenges and GCE Reviewers:
Your access to these Portal Sites is governed by these Access Terms and the terms and conditions of your Non-Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Agreement (“NDA”).
Through the Portal Sites, you will be able to review and print out a ‘read-only’ version of each grant proposal and related information (“Proposal”) assigned for your review.; You may only print one copy of each Proposal.
To access Proposals for review, you will be required to have a user account, including Credentials that enable you to access the grant information assigned to you.; You agree to guard your Credentials as confidential information.
You will also be able to provide comments to each Proposal through the Portal. You acknowledge and agree that any comments or information you provide through the Portal will be deemed to be Feedback, as that term is defined in Section 6 of the Foundation Terms.