Fifty-six researchers from 11 countries were awarded initial grants under Grand Challenges Explorations. Read summaries of these grants awarded for the following Round 17 challenges:
- Assess Family Planning Needs, Preferences and Behaviors to Inform Innovations in Contraceptive Technologies and Services
- Develop Novel Platforms to Accelerate Contraceptive Drug Discovery
- Design New Analytics Approaches for Malaria Elimination
- Accelerate Development of New Therapies for Childhood Cryptosporidium Infection
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
In addition, since the last Grand Challenges Explorations grants awarded announcement, 13 existing grantees received new funding of up to $1 million each to support continued work on their innovative idea.